I don’t know about you, but I need a little structure when I’m trying to explain an idea. So here’s a basic template you could use, partially or in it’s entirety, to explain your new idea for others to feedback on.
// Short Explanation of your project in 1 - 2 sentences
// Insert Background Here
- How will this product work?
- What technology might it use?
- Who will use it?
- What problem does it solve for them?
- How will you monetize?
// Product Info Here
- How far have you got - idea, designs, mockups, prototype, beta?
- Attach images, sketches, screenshots
// Software / Hardware? Mobile / Web? Algorithms? Open Source / Closed Source?
// List Competitors here
- How does your product / service differ?
// Market size, growth trends, shifts
// What do you need help with? What’s stopping you progressing your idea?
- Be clear about what you need
- @mention people who you think could help you, based on their profiles
// What are the 3 - 5 most critical assumptions you have that would determine success or failure of this idea?
// Links to articles, research papers, blog posts to reinforce your ideas
// Github links
// Prototype URLs