Feature: Nuwe - Data

We’ve completed the first stage of our Data feature, in the Nuwe platform.

Data is simply a useful GUI for seeing and managing the data your Application has stored in the Nuwe platform.

Currently, for this phase, we’ve focussed on the basics and there’s still much more work to be done to make it more functional and useful for different use cases, to iron out some UI and performance bugs, but I feel we’re on the right track.

My idea is that through Nuwe Data, it can bring together more members of the project team than just the coder. Seeing your data and subsequently learning and building from those insights is imperative to building a successful product.

This example shows how you can connect your IoT devices to Nuwe platform and send your sensor data.

I wrote some example Blog posts which are relevant, the first of which is particularly pertinent…

http://blog.nuwe.co/articles/2015/10/6/bedwatch-iot-powered-patient-monitoring-app-tutorial-part-1

Table Features

Non-readonly columns allow for inline editing of the data, with editing tools relevant to the data type

e.g.

Simple Text

Date or DateTime type

You can add new columns to your Data table very easily

What’s Next?

All sorts of continued enhancements, including:

• Filtering visible columns
  • Filter rows according to query params
  • Export options
  • Performance and loading states UX
  • Expanding to more data model Classes - e.g. Nutrition Data, Measurements Data, Activity Data, Sessions, Devices etc.
  • Enabling Custom Class creation
  • More features related to Users class (also relates to our Notifications Feature).

Would love to hear what you think as we iterate through this feature. What would you like to see? What would make your life easier? Where are we missing a trick?

You can now filter your Visible Columns in Nuwe Data Tables

Very useful for working with larger class structures…

We decided that Custom Class creation needed a whole lot of features. With the announcement that Parse.com was going open source as Parse-Server, we decided to get behind the amazing project and incorporate a managed, hosted, so-easy-to-setup-your-grandma-could-do-it Parse-Server service in Nuwe, complete with our own Data Tables implementation.

Check it out in this thread.